Bike the Cape along the Cape Cod Rail Trail
Pedal along through the fragrant woods of the Cape Cod Rail Trail. Stop to gaze at a serene kettle pond or a historic landmark. Take a side road to the sea and marvel at ocean views. Hop off to snag a scoop of ice cream or jolt of java to power you along the way.
For many folks, cruising the Cape Cod Rail Trail is as quintessential an Outer Cape experience as leaping into the cold Wellfleet waters at Marconi Beach. We tend to agree. With quaint farms and shops to peruse along the way, this Cape Cod bike trail offers easy access to villages, rivers, forests, harbors, and even cranberry bogs. And, the birds and bullfrogs even provide a soundtrack along the way. Traversing seven towns from Wellfleet to Yarmouth, it’s a must-experience excursion during your stay at Endless Coast.
Our Favorite Stops: Cape Cod Rail Trail
Whether you like to take it slow or go, go, go, this bike trail offers places to stop and refresh, or even just stretch. Most importantly, there are numerous places to refuel to help keep those legs pumping. Here are top 5 picks for places to pause and nosh along the path:
- Hit the famous Hot Chocolate Sparrow café for a sugar or caffeine injection. Great ice cream and
- Munch on a taco or two (or, frankly, three) at Guapo’s tortilla shack
- Grab an alfresco lunch on the patio at Breakwater Fish & Lobster Market
- Carbo load with a pastry from Eat Cake 4 Breakfast
- Satisfy your lobster roll craving (paired with crisp and creamy coleslaw) at Arnold’s Lobster & Clam Bar